Achieve and the U.S. Education Delivery Institute have developed a practical Common Core Implementation Workbook for all states.
The workbook uses a proven performance management methodology known as “delivery” to lay out clear action steps for states and districts. It provides relevant information, case stories of good practice, key questions and hands-on exercises for leadership teams to complete together. Regardless of your state's timeline, the workbook offers state and district leaders the means to plan for the CCSS and then drive successful implementation.
Download the full Common Core Implementation Workbook PDF here or individual chapters below.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Review System Capacity
- Chapter 3: Organize to Implement: The Basics
- Chapter 4: Organize to Implement: Getting the Message Out
- Chapter 5: Take Action: Implementation Action I, Align Instructional Materials to the CCSS
- Chapter 6: Take Action: Implementation Action II, Train Educators on the CCSS and Related Assessments
- Chapter 7: Take Action: Implementation Action III, Transition Technology and System Assessment
- Chapter 8: Take Action: Implementation Action IV, Transition Accountability and Data Reporting System
- Chapter 9: Take Action: Implementation Action V, Align Teacher Preparation, Evaluation and Licensing
- Chapter 10: Take Action: Implementation Action VI, Inform Student Transitions to Higher Education
- Chapter 11: Put It All Together: Establish Routines to Monitor Performance and Solve Problems