EQuIP (Educators Evaluating the Quality of Instructional Products) is an initiative designed to identify high-quality materials aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) or Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
The objectives are two-fold:
- Increase the supply of high quality lessons and units aligned to the CCSS or the NGSS that are available to elementary, middle, and high school teachers as soon as possible; and
- Build the capacity of educators to evaluate and improve the quality of instructional materials for use in their classrooms and schools.
EQuIP builds on a collaborative effort of education leaders from Massachusetts, New York and Rhode Island that Achieve facilitated.
The outcome of that effort was the development of the “Tri-State Rubrics” and a quality review process designed to determine the quality and alignment of instructional lessons and units to the CCSS.
- For a complete list of the EQuIP Rubrics and Feedback Forms, click here.
- Interested in learning about new EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics tools? Consider applying to attend one of the EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics Summits this summer.
- The EQuIP Exemplars page offers a full list of instructional material reviewed by the EQuIP Peer Review Panel including exemplar units from the EQuIP Call to Action.
- The EQuIP Annotated Student Work initiative offers annotated student work samples for select exemplar units.
- Visit the EQuIP Peer Review Panel page to learn more about the panel and how to submit materials to EQuIP.
- The EQuIP Training Materials are freely available sets of slide decks, facilitator guides, and common lessons for downloading to help you and your community learn and implement the EQuIP Rubrics.
- Visit the EQuIP Student Work Protocol page to download the protocol as well as training materials to assist with its implementation.
- Use the EQuIP e-Learning Modules to gain a deeper understanding on how to evaluate material with the EQuIP Rubrics.
- Visit the video page to see EQuIP in action.
On the Ground
Have you been using the EQuIP Rubrics and quality review process to develop, improve, or evaluate CCSS-aligned or NGSS-aligned instructional materials? If so, please tell us more about what you've been doing by completing this form.
New Opportunity: EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics Summit
Achieve is hosting two EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics Summits on new tools that build educator capacity to develop high-quality instructional materials and analyze student profieicny. To learn more about the EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics Summits and the new tools, click here. EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics Summit East will be in Orlando, FL from May 31 to June 2, 2017 and EQuIP for ELA and Mathematics Summit West will be in San Diego, CA from June 5 to June 7, 2017. We’re looking for teams of 2-3 individuals from 20-25 different schools or districts to join us for each summit.
EQuIP Call to Action
Achieve is seeking submissions of both CCSS-aligned and NGSS-aligned lessons and units for the EQuIP Call to Action.
Click here for information on submitting CCSS units to the EQuIP Call to Action.
Click here for information on submitting NGSS units to the EQuIP Call to Action.
There are now 166 exemplary CCSS lessons and units posted. To access lessons and units, visit Exemplars.
*Exemplary NGSS lessons and units are coming soon.