After 24 years in the K-12 education space, Achieve has shut its doors. Read the statement from Michael Cohen, President of Achieve here.
Our website www.achieve.org will remain available through December 31, 2020.
Former Achieve science team members have founded the NextGenScience project at WestEd where they will continue working with educators and partners across the nation to improve the quality of science education. Please visit their website and @NextGenScience to learn more about their work. They will continue to serve as stewards of the NGSS, sharing resources with the field through the nextgenscience.org website, NGSSNow newsletter, and @OfficialNGS.
All students should graduate from high school ready for college, careers, and citizenship.
Below are examples of op-eds, commentary, and interviews featuring business leaders demonstrating their support for high standards and college-and career-ready reforms. These may serve as a model for developing your own strategy for leveraging the media.
- Education Week editor says schools need business community support
- High schoolers learn personal finance through on-campus banking
- The Magical, Musical STEM Connection
- K12, College, and the Workforce: Collaborating to Prepare for Jobs of the Future
- Op-Ed: Florida business owner recognizes value of CCSS for state's economy
- Business groups call for Massachusetts to set new ed goals
- State's Business and Industry Association support Common Core
- Op-Ed: Want to Save the American Dream? Start Here
- Op-Ed: Adopt Next Generation Science Standards in Schools
- The Common Core: Real College and Career Readiness
- Op-Ed: The Common Core Advantage
- Op-Ed: All Kids Need a Great Education
- Op-Ed: Realistic Expectations about Test Scores
- Town Hall Unites Community around Common Core
- Op-Ed: The Hard Truth About Skills and the Workforce
- Common Core is Key to Workforce Revitalization
- Op-Ed: Verizon on the State of STEM Education
- Op-Ed: What is Right with Education Reform