EQuIP (Educators Evaluating the Quality of Instructional Products) is an initiative designed to identify high-quality materials aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
The objectives are two-fold:
- Increase the supply of high quality lessons and units aligned to the CCSS that are available to elementary, middle, and high school teachers as soon as possible; and
- Build the capacity of educators to evaluate and improve the quality of instructional materials for use in their classrooms and schools.
EQuIP builds on a collaborative effort of education leaders from Massachusetts, New York and Rhode Island that Achieve facilitated.
The outcome of that effort was the development of the “Tri-State Rubrics” and a quality review process designed to determine the quality and alignment of instructional lessons and units to the CCSS.
- For a complete list of the EQuIP Rubrics and Feedback Forms, click here.
- The EQuIP Exemplars page offers a full list of instructional material reviewed by the EQuIP Peer Review Panel including exemplar units from the EQuIP Call to Action.
- Visit the EQuIP Peer Review Panel page to learn more about the panel and how to submit materials to EQuIP.
- The EQuIP Training Materials are freely available sets of slide decks, facilitator guides, and common lessons for downloading to help you and your community learn and implement the EQuIP Rubrics.
- Visit the EQuIP Student Work Protocol page to download the protocol as well as training materials to assist with its implementation.
- Use the EQuIP e-Learning Modules to gain a deeper understanding on how to evaluate material with the EQuIP Rubrics.
- Visit the video page to see EQuIP in action.
On the Ground
Have you been using the EQuIP Rubrics and quality review process to develop, improve, or evaluate CCSS-aligned instructional materials? If so, please tell us more about what you've been doing by completing this form.
EQuIP Call to Action
Achieve is seeking submissions of CCSS-aligned units for the EQuIP Call to Action.
Click here for information on submitting units aligned to 9-12 standards.
There are now 119 exemplary CCSS lessons and units posted To access lessons and units, visit Exemplars.
Submit Materials to EQuIP
Visit http://lessons.achieve.org to submit lessons and units to the EQuIP Peer Review Panel. Please review the Process & Guidelines for Submissions to the EQuIP Peer Review Panel before submitting. Visit EQuIP Peer Review Panel for more information.