EQuIP (Educators Evaluating the Quality of Instructional Products) is an initiative designed to identify high-quality materials aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) or Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
The objectives are two-fold:
- Increase the supply of high quality lessons and units aligned to the CCSS or the NGSS that are available to elementary, middle, and high school teachers as soon as possible; and
- Build the capacity of educators to evaluate and improve the quality of instructional materials for use in their classrooms and schools.
EQuIP builds on a collaborative effort of education leaders from Massachusetts, New York and Rhode Island that Achieve facilitated.
The outcome of that effort was the development of the “Tri-State Rubrics” and a quality review process designed to determine the quality and alignment of instructional lessons and units to the CCSS.
- For a complete list of the EQuIP Rubrics and Feedback Forms, click here.
- The EQuIP Exemplars page offers a full list of instructional material reviewed by the EQuIP Peer Review Panel including exemplar units from the EQuIP Call to Action.
- Visit the EQuIP Peer Review Panel page to learn more about the panel and how to submit materials to EQuIP.
- The EQuIP Training Materials are freely available sets of slide decks, facilitator guides, and common lessons for downloading to help you and your community learn and implement the EQuIP Rubrics.
- Visit the EQuIP Student Work Protocol page to download the protocol as well as training materials to assist with its implementation.
- Use the EQuIP e-Learning Modules to gain a deeper understanding on how to evaluate material with the EQuIP Rubrics.
- Visit the video page to see EQuIP in action.
On the Ground
Have you been using the EQuIP Rubrics and quality review process to develop, improve, or evaluate CCSS-aligned or NGSS-aligned instructional materials? If so, please tell us more about what you've been doing by completing this form.
EQuIP Call to Action
Achieve is seeking submissions of both CCSS-aligned and NGSS-aligned lessons and units for the EQuIP Call to Action.
Click here for information on submitting CCSS units to the EQuIP Call to Action.
Click here for information on submitting NGSS units to the EQuIP Call to Action.
There are now 165 exemplary CCSS lessons and units posted. To access lessons and units, visit Exemplars.
*Exemplary NGSS lessons and units are coming soon.