Toolkit for Evaluating the Alignment of Instructional and Assessment Materials to the Common Core State Standards
In joint partnership, Achieve, The Council of Chief State School Officers, and Student Achievement Partners have developed a Toolkit for Evaluating the Alignment of Instructional and Assessment Materials to the Common Core State Standards. The Toolkit is a set of interrelated, freely available instruments for evaluating alignment to the CCSS; each tool in the Toolkit supports the expectations in the CCSS and derives from the Publishers’ Criteria for the Common Core State Standards.
Download the full Toolkit here.
Access individual tools in PDF form by clicking the titles below.
- Introduction and Overview
- Instructional Materials Evaluation Tool (IMET)
- EQuIP Quality Review Rubric
- EQuIP Student Work Protocol Assessment Evaluation Tool
- (AET) Assessment Passage and Item Quality Criteria Checklist
- Additional Resources for Evaluating Alignment of Instructional Materials
- Appendix: Publisher's Criteria for the Common Core State Standards