After 24 years in the K-12 education space, Achieve has shut its doors. Read the statement from Michael Cohen, President of Achieve here.
Our website www.achieve.org will remain available through December 31, 2020.
Former Achieve science team members have founded the NextGenScience project at WestEd where they will continue working with educators and partners across the nation to improve the quality of science education. Please visit their website and @NextGenScience to learn more about their work. They will continue to serve as stewards of the NGSS, sharing resources with the field through the nextgenscience.org website, NGSSNow newsletter, and @OfficialNGS.
All students should graduate from high school ready for college, careers, and citizenship.
Achieve and the U.S. Education Delivery Institute have developed a practical Common Core Implementation Workbook for all states.
The workbook uses a proven performance management methodology known as “delivery” to lay out clear action steps for states and districts. It provides relevant information, case stories of good practice, key questions and hands-on exercises for leadership teams to complete together. Regardless of your state's timeline, the workbook offers state and district leaders the means to plan for the CCSS and then drive successful implementation.
Download the full Common Core Implementation Workbook PDF here or individual chapters below.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Review System Capacity
- Chapter 3: Organize to Implement: The Basics
- Chapter 4: Organize to Implement: Getting the Message Out
- Chapter 5: Take Action: Implementation Action I, Align Instructional Materials to the CCSS
- Chapter 6: Take Action: Implementation Action II, Train Educators on the CCSS and Related Assessments
- Chapter 7: Take Action: Implementation Action III, Transition Technology and System Assessment
- Chapter 8: Take Action: Implementation Action IV, Transition Accountability and Data Reporting System
- Chapter 9: Take Action: Implementation Action V, Align Teacher Preparation, Evaluation and Licensing
- Chapter 10: Take Action: Implementation Action VI, Inform Student Transitions to Higher Education
- Chapter 11: Put It All Together: Establish Routines to Monitor Performance and Solve Problems